ROOTED CONVERSATIONS: Is it possible to bridge ideological chasms about the C0v1d [email protected]? with Somatic & Subconscious Healer Jess BenstockAug 31, 2021
We are seeing ideological chasms being ripped through families, lifelong friendships and loved ones. Fingers being pointed rather than hands being extended. Words are being flung as bombs instead of being used for inquiry. If you’ve had a difficult, triggering conversation with someone this week, be honest...did you go into that conversation trying to understand them? Or did you go in armed with data and facts and sources to convince them to see things your way?
This week, I am seeing heartache all around, no matter how you feel about C0v1d or masks or mandates or [email protected]
I’ve asked my friend Jessica Benstock to join me this week to offer an alternative approach to the difficult conversations we are all going to be having in the days to come.
What You'll Learn:
- Why being rejected by community feels so unsafe
- Why do we fall into binary thinking and why is that harmful in difficult conversations
- How cancel culture is an expression of unprocessed trauma
- Why agreeing to disagree feels like a misattunement
Listen To This Episode If...
You are a curious human who is struggling to have conversations with loved ones about having a different ideological outlook on the C0v1d [email protected]
- The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion by Jonathan Haidt
- Propaganda by Edward Bernays
- Empowered Curiosity Podcast Ep. 10: Lessons From Emotional Triggers with Somatic Healer Jessica Benstock
- Empowered Curiosity Podcast Ep. 32: De-shaming Narcissistic and Empathetic Traits with Somatic Subconscious Healer Jessica Benstock
Kat Lee is an Intimacy + Relationship Coach, host of The Empowered Curiosity Podcast and Creator of The Heart Lab. She guides pattern-breakers to alchemize their emotions and embody their healing journey to cultivate intimacy as a spiritual practice.
Jess Benstock is a seasoned coach, somatic & subconscious healer, and leadership mentor for 6&7 figure female entrepreneur and executives & a teacher of multimodality coaching and facilitation techniques. She comes from an extensive background & pulls from 11 years of training & teaching in a wide array of healing modalities.
I facilitate conversations through 1:1 coaching and various community offerings to guide curious humans to remember their True Self - who they are beyond the conditioning, the "shoulds", the trauma stories + the overriding of desires. If you need permission to step into the wholeness of your emotions and Being, let me show you that you’ve been the one holding the pen.