EMBODIMENT MEDICINE: How can we feel empowered to choose or not choose birth control? with Acupuncturist, Herbalist and Women’s Health Coach Rachel RootAug 25, 2021
One of the core values of The Empowered Curiosity Community is sovereignty over our bodies.
We cannot have body sovereignty without understanding what is actually going on with our bodies and I’ve been witnessing the non-consensual culture of how we recommend birth control to women since I became a health care practitioner over a decade ago.
This is why I wanted to have a conversation with Rachel Root who is an integrative women’s health coach, acupuncturist and herbalist. We talk about how to make empowered choices for yourself and your fertility health. This happens through education, not prescription.
What You’ll Learn:
- How your cycle can be your monthly report card of health so you can understand why...
- Your cycle is long or short?
- Your menstrual blood is dark or light?
- You are extremely tired after your menses?
- You struggle with PMS or PMDD before your menses
- The physiology and energetics of the different phases of your menstrual cycle
- How the womb holds onto trauma
- The spiritual alchemy of the fertility journey
- Practical ways to track your fertile window
- Your best synthetic birth control options
Listen to this episode if...
You are a menstruating person who wants to understand your cycle with the intention of getting off birth control or with the intention of staying on birth control in an empowered way
- Basal Body Temperature Testing by Rachel Root
- The “Sweaty T-Shirt Study”
- Empowered Curiosity Podcast Ep. 21 Surrendering into the Metal Element
- Empowered Curiosity Podcast Ep. 52 CONNECTION
Kat Lee is an Intimacy + Relationship Coach, host of The Empowered Curiosity Podcast and Creator of The Heart Lab. She guides pattern-breakers to alchemize their emotions and embody their healing journey to cultivate intimacy as a spiritual practice.
Rachel Root is an acupuncturist, herbalist, integrative women’s health coach.
She works 1:1 with people helping them to overcome their fertility, hormone and menstrual cycle struggles.
I facilitate conversations through 1:1 coaching and various community offerings to guide curious humans to remember their True Self - who they are beyond the conditioning, the "shoulds", the trauma stories + the overriding of desires. If you need permission to step into the wholeness of your emotions and Being, let me show you that you’ve been the one holding the pen.