Dismantling Body Image Shame with Master Level Health Coach Holly TorontoJan 31, 2021
This conversation with Holly Toronto felt so clarifying. While speaking with her, I felt like my soul was distilling down and discerning my swirling thoughts about the fractured relationship we have with our body image and how we move and nourish ourselves.
This is the time of year that many of us set goals for ourselves and that process often begins with an assessment of what we don’t like about our current lives so we can improve it. We make resolutions to eat better, exercise more and lose weight. This obviously comes as no surprise to anyone, but have you ever stopped and wondered “Why?”
Why do we…
- view our Body as an object that is a constant self-improvement project?
- reach for fitness goals from a space of “not good enough”, scarcity and punishment?
- place so much conditional value on what we look like?
What You'll Learn in this Episode:
- Why food restrictions force our bodies into a state of survival
- How to bring awareness to the conditions that we have placed upon our Bodies
- Learning to revise, release and rebuilt in order to build a resilient and grounded relationship with your Body
- Approaching your relationship to your Body from a state of abundance rather than scarcity and punishment
- Moving towards nourishment as an idea of what you can do FOR your Body instead of TO your body
- What “health at every size” really means
- Meggan Watterson “Reveal”
- Elyse Resch + Evelyn Tribole “Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Anti-Diet Approach”
- Linda Bacon + Lucy Aphramor “Body Respect: What Conventional health Books Get Wrong, Leave Out and Just Plain Fail to Understand about Weight
- "Reclaiming Body Wisdom with Health, Mindset and Body Liberation with Coach Kendra Adachi"
Kat Lee is an Intimacy + Relationship Coach, Podcast Host and Creator of The Heart Lab, who guides folks to alchemize their emotions, cultivate conscious relationships and embody their healing journey.
Holly Toronto is a certified Master Level Coach through Health Coach Institute and has 4 years of experience helping highly driven women stop dieting and build resilience to toxic beauty messages. She uses an intuitive and spiritual approach that guides her clients towards self trust, confidence and Sovereignty over their entire being; body, mind and soul. From this place, her clients are able to make self guided decisions and finally live the life they desire in the body they live in today.
I facilitate conversations through 1:1 coaching and various community offerings to guide curious humans to remember their True Self - who they are beyond the conditioning, the "shoulds", the trauma stories + the overriding of desires. If you need permission to step into the wholeness of your emotions and Being, let me show you that you’ve been the one holding the pen.